Menu

Need help find a science curriculum for next year

hsmom

I like the looks of NEO but it's just plain $$, maybe for my oldest but not for my 1st. I own just about every Magic School Bus book so I am going to go thru those with him and order some of the MSB kits out there. I did this with my oldest and she enjoyed it. I also have Real Sciene 4 Kids PreChem from my oldest that I will use with him too.

We've been using Life Science with Real Books. It can be hard to find, but it's a wonderful, spiral bound curriculum that offers experiments, questions, reading suggestions. Ds loves it because it's the perfect balance of experiments and reading of living books.

Well thank you for all your help. I have been drooling over Noeo science. I aske dh he said yes since it has everything ds is asking for, the books and experiments. So, we are going to try that this year and hope it works so we have many more year to use their programs!

I'll chime in with a vote for Noeo. It did feel pricey at first, but I splurged and I find myself reusing lots of the resources (books) for other things. We've done every level 1 program so far. (I'd start with Physics or Bio ~ but it doesn't really matter).

You may even be able to find a nice used set.

I am going with biology. I feel there will be material he can relate to now, then I will do chem1, then physics1. Then move on to the level 2. Hopefully by the end of that they finish level 3.

Just something to consider... we started with Noeo Biology I this year, but I switched just now to Elemental Science. I like it much better for the following reasons:

Cheaper

Narration is all set up for me in a fun way so it actually gets done

One experiment a week whereas with Noeo we went several weeks with no experiments due to none included during some stretches of study

You may just want to take a look at it... it's set up in a similar fashion as Noeo.

Edited by robsiew
add text

Is everything included in that program? I am looking for something that has most of what I need.

No, the program includes plans and all the pages you will need to make your student notebook. You can easily find the books at our Amazon store and most of the materials for the experiments are items you already have at your house or can be easily found at your local store. Hope that helps!