Menu

Disney goers - All-Star or Pop Century??

I've been to Disney quite a few times, and we've done Poly, All-Star Music, Movies, etc. We are also going in October and staying in the new Bay Lake Towers.

However, my kids want a quick trip in May because oldest dd REALLY wants her boyfriend to see WDW (he's never been to ANY type of theme park and he's 24 - apparently to my kids that is horrendous!!) They are offering that Disney cash card which will basically buy our food, so we've decided to do it!

I haven't seen or been to Pop Century but the Disney res lady told me they had good bus transportation.

We have preferred rooms booked at ASMusic, but are considering a change to Pop or ASMovies to avoid paying the extra for preferred.

A) How tacky is PC REALLY?? Any worse than AS??

B) Can you get away without paying preferred at ASMusic or Sports? What about PC? I'd just love to save that $15/nt since we're trying to make a cheap trip, but staying super far from the food court defeats the purpose of getting that cup for free morning coffee.

Any help/ideas???

Definitely Pop Century!!! We go several times a year and have stayed at the PC lots of times. I'd pick that over the other all star resorts any day. But now we have our own camper and will be spending our stays in Fort Wilderness most of the time. I'll kinda miss the Pop!

ETA....We never pay for preferred anywhere. Go online and check out the map of the Pop and you can request one of the closer buildings if you do not want preferred. But really, the walk is no more than 4 or 5 minues from anywhere in the resort.

Edited by ChristusG

I have never been at AS but we stayed at Pop Century in dec 08 and we are going there again in May. We are mostly using the resort to sleep in, we spent most of the day at the parks so pop was just perfect for us.

The bus transportation was great, we rarely waited more than 10 minutes and in the evenings when the bus stop was crowded there were buses right after each others.

We did not pay for preferred and it was fine, it is not that big so you are never that far from Classic Hall and the bus stop. I think in May I will request to be either in the 50's of 60's for the pools.

It is newer, the decor is bright and funky. We love walking around to all the different decades and seeing the decor. I love what the food court offers. I cant remember if all of the value hotels offer the same food court items, but the chicken parmesan with penne is delicious. The Pop has the largest game room on Disney property and my kids love winning tickets in there and redeeming them for prizes on our down time. The prices aren't too bad and you get a lot of tickets for the price.