Menu

Test results...and thank you for the prayers this morning. :)

First of all, the test went well. I was having a trans. ultrasound due to abnormal menstrual cycles for the last two years. A year and a half ago, I had two ultrasounds of this nature and it was noted that I had a thickened endometrium. I had a uterine biopsy and it was negative.

Today's ultrasound was much the same. No issues structurally except for the thickened endometrium. I ovulated 2 days ago and my lining was 17mm thick! Dr. said that up to 15mm can be normal, but mine was thicker. At the ultrasound a year and a half ago, my lining was 19.3mm! The negative biopsy last year, plus my age and really non-interesting medical history does not point to this being cancer. However, the doctor is not really excited about the thick lining. I go back just after my next cycle to see if my lining is much thinner after I have my AF. If it is down to 7mm or lower, then we will continue to "wait and see." If it is higher than that, he wants me to do "something." He and I both agree that the ablation is the best choice...unfortunately dh doesn't want a vasectomy and I figure if I have to be put under to get my tubes tied, I may as well just have them do a hysterectomy.:glare:

Anyway. Blood results were great (perfect, really), ultrasound didn't tell me anything that was "new," and we are still waiting on pap results which doc is not concerned about in the least.

Thank you all for the prayers!

Edited by Tree House Academy

Please reconsider hysterectomy vs. tubal ligation.

There is a lot more going on with a hysterectomy than a tubal ligation even though you may have to be anaesthesized for either procedure. A tubal ligation is a fairly easy procedure. You'll have to take it easy for some time but when it's over it's over. Hysterectomies have farther reaching consequences. It's not all bad but I take a lot of supplements (and feel good with them) just to avoid prescription meds and hormone replacement therapy.

If you mention hysterectomy to your doc - depending on what your age is - she/he may have you thinking about a complete Hysterectomy just in case to rule out future cancer of any female organ. If there is no reason to fear endometrial cancer or uterine cancer, I would take some time to research the choices between tubal ligation and hysterectomy.

Treehouse(Rebecca)- I am also a Rebecca!

I "know" you from the HOD boards as well as here...

Anyway-

I am just chiming in here- because I just had a similar issue(s)...

First- did you mean 17 mm???

I am on "watch" for a thickened endometrium too- mine was 12 or 12.5 mm and I have been having irregular cycles, too. (with odd bleading)

Our plan is to move forward with a D & C if I don't cycle normally for two cycles and the ultrasound shows an issue.

I am sorry you are going through this! You are not alone!

Rebecca