Menu

Fancy Nancy

Is there anyone else here who adores Fancy Nancy for your little girls? If you have not yet discovered her, I just want to make a plug for the Fancy Nancy books.

My 4 1/2 yo daughter loves them. She is using all the fancy words and playing dress-up, and none of it is disney, tv-related or anything. It's all book-inspired, and very, very sweet.

Just wanted to ask / share. :001_smile:

I think it's really a fun way to learn "fancy" words for a little girl. The best thing is that they are just wordy enough for my 5 year old to read ( she thinks books with the i can read stamp on them are for babies lol). Because my girls already like to dress up seeing a girl who does it all the time gives them an excuse to do it too. I really wish the author would do a spin off with Nancy's best friend Bree!!

We were just recently introduced to Fancy Nancy by friends with a 4yo DD. They gave my 3yo 2 books for her B-Day and another book which their daughter got as a duplicate (the Tea Party book which is Fabulous!!) and my mum bought her the game for X-Mas. My boys also love the book, and decided to "fancy" up their bedroom with all kinds of decorations (sure, they were knights and dinosaurs, but they were still fancy)