Menu

What would you wear to a May 1st, 5:30 wedding in NC?

I've never been to a late afternoon/early evening wedding before. It's inside at a church in Durham. There will be a sit down reception dinner afterwards at a restaurant. Should my dh and son wear suits or would navy blue jackets/khakis/ties be alright?

Thanks,

Molly

Edited by MJN

I have a sleeveless dark navy blue sheath dress I'd wear with my ooo, la, la gold sandals and a pashima in a pretty color.

Since it's a spring date, you could wear any spring like dress. Late afternoon/early evening means it's more to the casual than formal side. I like a shawl or a cute jacket because I get cold in the church.

May 1st will probably be quite warm in NC -- Durham is in central NC so no cool mountain air or ocean breezes :-) Your dh and boys would be fine in khakis and a jacket. You'll probably be fine in a spring dress with maybe a need for a wrap inside with the air conditioning or for the evening air.

have fun!

ETA oops -- sorry! didn't realize you're actually *from* NC! you know what it's like temperature wise! so just read the comments re: your boys -- we went to a nice afternoon wedding in Asheboro recently and the adult men were in navy sportcoat and ties, the teen boys were in dress shirts & pants -- some with ties & coats, some without.

Edited by jananc

Well I don't think the bride will notice, either way. ;) I'd probably put the boys in suits, just to be on the safe side. What fits the restaurant? And of course, for yourself, the best option is always to do what someone did at my wedding and wear a white dress. It wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't been prettier than me. :)