Menu

cleaning the monitor screen

NO windex! Hang on, will be back. Consulting.

Computer genius husband says use the glasses cleaner stuff that comes in a little squirty bottle, you can get it at Costco. Rubbing alcohol for stubborn stuff.

Why no windex?

[i'm almost afraid to ask, since that's what I've always done.. just a small spray on the paper towel, wipe.]

It will strip the protective anti-glare coating right off. So you need something that's meant to clean anti-reflective surfaces.

Ahhh. I've been doing it with mine and haven't seen any problems [or I just can't tell] because I thought of it as just another 'glass' thing to clean, like the tv, windows, mirrors, etc... but I don't *want* a problem, so I'll see what else I can find for cleaning it. Thx! :)

Ahhh. I've been doing it with mine and haven't seen any problems [or I just can't tell] because I thought of it as just another 'glass' thing to clean, like the tv, windows, mirrors, etc... but I don't *want* a problem, so I'll see what else I can find for cleaning it. Thx! :)

If you have a older glass monitor or TV, that is fine. The LCD screens for TVs and computer monitors cannot be cleaned with Windex.