Menu

MEP and RightStart Math question

dtb1999

I have a few questions on these. Hopefully someone will have some good advice/words of wisdom. :) If I start out with MEP and then switch to RightStart will it be too much of a drastic change that may confuse ds? Are they pretty different? Would I be better off just combining MEP and Singapore instead? It would certainly be more cost effective! ;) I really like the look of MEP, but I have heard alot of people say they don't use it as a stand alone curriculum and often supplement it.

So, talk to me. Would you go with RightStart exclusively, or do a combo of MEP/something else? If you chose the MEP/something else, please elaborate, if you don't mind. :o

I think you can use aspects of RS with any math program. We have the games kit and also the Activities for AL Abacus book I find them very helpful and love the way RS presents math. We have used MEP on and off and we will be returning to it soon. I find my DD is resistant to the black & white pages (vision issues) although she does love the content and often comments "I had to really think about that" or something similar. She also loves the flow of the lesson. That we work together doing a variety of things and then she works on the worksheet. I think that she likes BJU because it is so similar to MEP but in colour. I didn't care for Singapore EB so have no idea on Singapore past that point. MEP certainly is a standalone program. Lots of people use a variety of math programs to change up the way the concepts are taught not because a particular program is lacking (although some are). HTH