Menu

What to do on the 100th day of school?

My 2nd grade class had a "100 Piece Feast." We each brought 100 small edible items to mix in a big bowl, then each got a cup of it. Some of the items I remember are mini marshmallows, raisins, peanuts, Cheerios, M&Ms, etc. You could do this at home as well, though I'm sure you won't end up with 30 items like in a classroom!

Some random ideas:

100 day snack (as posted earlier)

prepare bags with 50, 100 and 150 of the same item and have kids guess which has 100

teach/review counting to 100 by counting groups of 10

have kids look for things around the house that they can count to 100: find the lightest/heaviest collection, the largest/smallest volume etc.

line up 100 toy cars (or anything), estimate the length and measure

read some 1-100 counting books

hide 100 pennies around a room and the kids get to keep what they find

have the kids do something silly for 100 seconds...maybe make slips of paper with silly ideas and everyone chooses...even mom!

see how many times the kids can (blank) in 100 seconds (hop, run from one spot to another, jump over a book on the floor etc.)

if you are a lego family: using 100 bricks build the tallest tower you can

work together on a story based on 100 (what would you do with 100 dollars?, write about a castle with 100 rooms, write about a 100 foot long worm etc.)

measure 100 inches, 100 feet and 100 yards

since pennies lend themselves to 100 day so well you could do some science experiments with pennies (lever demo, chemical reaction with cleaning a penny)

play chutes and ladders (goes to 100)

decorate a cake with 100 m & ms

shape the main course of your dinner into 100

have fun and congrats on your 100th day!:D