Menu

Speaking of secular music and parents......

I work in a bar. (I'm there now):auto:

When my Dad and sister visited last spring, they wanted to come to work with me and see me at work.

I'm 43. Grown adult, 3 kids. My dad is 78. We've been through a lot of life.

When Crazy b__t____ came on the juke box, I wanted to cringe. :tongue_smilie: Even for old ears, it's, um, clear and blatant.

When You Look So Much Better With Something In Your Mouth came on, I hoped it went over his head. The lyrics are less understandable and hopefully his 78 year old years missed it.

I completely agree, it's out of control. I was at a friend's house for dinner after Christmas, and her kids were playing Guitar Hero or something on the TV, where they write the lyrics on the screen for kids to sing. I could not believe the things her 10-yo was singing! I was so thankful that my 11 yo was completely uninterested.

We lived for three years in Europe. We mostly listed to AFN there and they screened music. No Crazy B songs there. Then we came back to the US. Wow- had the standards of what was played on the radio changed. WE quickly found that we needed to listen to oldies channels so that the lyrics wouldn't be so bad.

Now, that is something I'd censor. I wouldn't want myself listening to it. I got the new Nickleback CD for Christmas and there is a song that I have to skip over just because *I* don't want to hear it, much else let dd hear it.

I'll listen to just about anything. But I don't want to hear swears in m song lyrics. And as my name suggests I love Jimmy Buffet's music. With the exception of one song. I really can live without hearing Why Don't We Get Drunk...

I will confess we listen to Radio Disney -- due to the fact they play only the "clean" version of pop songs. LOL It is that station or the Christian Radio station in our car. Oh well. I do get surprised when I go to download a song I like on iTunes -- and find the lyrics are DIFFERENT IRL. LOL :001_huh: