Menu

Le Crueset

wow...i never imagined that le crueset would have such a fan club! i just got my first piece for christmas, and it is featured in my blog post photo, "Baby it's Cold Outside!"

I've always known I wanted Le Creuset, just didn't realize what I'd been missing. Mercy, me, the heat is so even, the enamel surface is luxurious, and the results...wonderful. Not that I couldn't make a decent pot of soup before, but I always seemed to have a "hot spot", or a burnt bottom or something. The Le Creuset is just plain old good quality stuff. I want more.

I also want a stainless steel all-clad 12" skillet, but that's another issue.

wow...i never imagined that le crueset would have such a fan club! i just got my first piece for christmas, and it is featured in my blog post photo, "Baby it's Cold Outside!"

I've always known I wanted Le Creuset, just didn't realize what I'd been missing. Mercy, me, the heat is so even, the enamel surface is luxurious, and the results...wonderful. Not that I couldn't make a decent pot of soup before, but I always seemed to have a "hot spot", or a burnt bottom or something. The Le Creuset is just plain old good quality stuff. I want more.

I also want a stainless steel all-clad 12" skillet, but that's another issue.

Yeah, the big all clad -skillet is my boyfriend. :D

The LC lets you do eggs the "French way", just shaking the pan back and forth (rather than messing with them with a tool) and this makes the eggs very "fluffy."

Maybe *you* can just shake the pan to shuffle the eggs (being a big, strong man and all). But something tells me that these skillets weigh 10 lbs each, and I'd probably have trouble shaking it around.

Of course, I've never seen you, and I've never lifted a LC skillet. I'm just guessing, based on the weight of the dutch ovens.

What do you think. Would a wimpy-armed, female person be able to shake a pan of LC eggs?

Maybe *you* can just shake the pan to shuffle the eggs (being a big, strong man and all). But something tells me that these skillets weigh 10 lbs each, and I'd probably have trouble shaking it around.

Of course, I've never seen you, and I've never lifted a LC skillet. I'm just guessing, based on the weight of the dutch ovens.

What do you think. Would a wimpy-armed, female person be able to shake a pan of LC eggs?

LC pieces are heavy, and some people don't like them for that reason. As for shaking the eggs, if you have a relatively robust (metal) range you can shuffle the pan on top without much "lift." And you might prefer a spatula flip rather than a "wrist-flip".

And you don't have to use the French-style shake method either, it just makes the texture softer (and some people like eggs more stiff in any case).

It's true that I'm a big strong guy and have a lot of really heavy cookware (including really heavy copper). My wife "wimpy-armed" wife loves cooking on these, but I sometimes get called to lift them on and off the rack.

I'm not sure this is helping, but...

Bill

LC pieces are heavy, and some people don't like them for that reason. As for shaking the eggs, if you have a relatively robust (metal) range you can shuffle the pan on top without much "lift." And you might prefer a spatula flip rather than a "wrist-flip".

And you don't have to use the French-style shake method either, it just makes the texture softer (and some people like eggs more stiff in any case).

It's true that I'm a big strong guy and have a lot of really heavy cookware (including really heavy copper). My wife "wimpy-armed" wife loves cooking on these, but I sometimes get called to lift them on and off the rack.

I'm not sure this is helping, but...

Bill

Heehee. Thanks for responding. The scenarios you describe demonstrate perfectly why I keep hesitating to take the plunge into LC Land. I don't have racks for storage, only drawers. I don't know if the drawers could handle the weight. Plus, my 13dd is even wimpier than I am, and I know she and her little brother will complain about doing dishes if they can't lift the pans. Oh, the drama! I don't know if I'm up for it. LOL.

My 1qt Calphalon sauce pan is dying, though, so maybe I'll just start with a little LC saucepan and see if I like it.

Thanks again for the visuals. :)