Menu

Building Thinking Skills, book 1 ?'s

Aloha2U

As far as I know, the only difference is the older version is split into 2 books, and the new ones are all together in one. I believe the content is the same, but don't know for sure. I was told that yes, you do need the TM for the older version.

I have the newer version of Building Thinking Skills 1 and the older version of Building Thinking Skills 2 so while I have both, it's hard to compare them. When I was at a homeschool store asking about the older version, I was told to make sure I had the TM. We will be starting BTS2 later this year so I have no further experience with it.

Sorry I can't be more help.

I should add that the newer versions have the answers in the back of the book, while the answers are in the TM for the older one. That could be why I was told that I need the TM. For level 2, I didn't mind paying a bit of extra money to have it, just in case. ;)

Otherwise, both books look the same other than the cover. The TM (for the older edition) is as thick as the student book- there's a lot of "stuff" in there, but other than the answers I don't know if it's essential. Hopefully somebody who has more experience will chime in.

Edited by plain jane

My sons are currently using book levels 2 and 3. I would get the newer version of these books only because it has the answers in the back of the book. I found that I was using the Teacher's Manual only for the answers. I feel that it would cost more to get both if you go with the older version. If you can get a newer version used, that would be better.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

I have used both. They are basically the same except the newer ones have the answers in the back so there is no need for the TM. If you have the time you really don't ned the TM for most of the pages, but the answers are nice to have when you are time crunched (and who among us isn't).

Linda