Menu

What should I do on NYE?

DH always works on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day his regular schedule as if it wasn't a holiday. The last 3 NYE's I cleaned the house, particularly the school room. Going out anywhere is not an option, and we aren't into "the party scene" anyway.

Everyone else we know already has plans.

WWYD if it was just you and the kids (11, 9, and 2) for NYE.

Oh and I should add, I'm the only one still up at midnight here, usually ringing in the new year alone by posting on the computer.

Well, if you are up and alone I'd probably rent a couple of good movies that no one but me wants to see, and order a pizza or other treat. I'd even have some champagne! Might as well make it special for yourself. Then you can text everyone you know Happy New Year when the moment strikes!

Everyone I know here (immediate, extended family, friends, etc.) would already be asleep.

My dh is always home for NYE and sad to say it's usually quite boring. If you want to do something fun, have a game and/or movie night with the kids. Are you able to join your friends in their plans (or is it couples only?).

Some year's our church has had a family oriented NYE party. Maybe a local church is doing that. Here a local Christian camp is having a party/game night for families.

Do you have any friends not doing anything? You could have friends and their kids over for a fun, easy dinner & game night. Or have your kids friends over and have a mommy movie night or call some long distance friends.

Let us know what you decide to do.

We're just going to stay home and probably watch a movie (which is what we usually do on weekends anyway). Sigh.

I agree with PP, I would rent Movies I wanted to watch. Start with one the kids want to see, make homemade pizza..put them to bed and oput in your movie. Before that make some of that nasty Christmas Crack stuff.

The soda cracker chocolate stuff.

Alternatively, you could invite some of your friend's kids over and let your friends have a night out on you.

I always feel reflective on New Years Eve and prefer to stay home and do something silly like clean my filing cabinet. Usually dh goes somewhere, but has decided to be the family man this year. I guess we'll do our usual thing and try to see how early we can get to bed. Life with small children ;)

Rosie

My dh is always home for NYE and sad to say it's usually quite boring. If you want to do something fun, have a game and/or movie night with the kids. Are you able to join your friends in their plans (or is it couples only?).

Some year's our church has had a family oriented NYE party. Maybe a local church is doing that. Here a local Christian camp is having a party/game night for families.

Do you have any friends not doing anything? You could have friends and their kids over for a fun, easy dinner & game night. Or have your kids friends over and have a mommy movie night or call some long distance friends.

Let us know what you decide to do.

We're just going to stay home and probably watch a movie (which is what we usually do on weekends anyway). Sigh.

DH goes to bed early so having people over is not an option.

Our previous church used to have a game night such as you describe. A lot of things have gotten cut though due to the economy and this is one of them, I think. DH would prefer NOT to have myself and the kids on the roads.

DH just asked that I clean up the house today (as if I didn't clean it yesterday--kids make things dirty SO FAST.) So I better get off of here.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Make it a party of some type. I'm sure your 2-year old will conk out early, but the oldest two may surprise you.

Party snacks, pizza, movies, dancing, board games, fun and frivolity are called for.

You would be surprised. On most nights around here, the 2yo is the last one to get to sleep--anywhere between 9 and 11:30--and the first one up. Today he got up shortly before 5 a. m. He rarely naps either.

The others are all asleep by 9 p. m. usually at the latest. My 9yo went to sleep at 7:30 last night.