Menu

Computer pros: Is it possible to make your own dated planner in Word or Excel?

I want to make my own dated planner. Problem is I can't quite figure it out. To print odd/even pages so I can print front and back, I think I would have to use Word. But I don't know how to enter a formula to calculate the dates automatically in Word. In Excel, I can calculate the dates automatically, but can't figure out how to print front and back.

Is it possible? Worth the effort? I thought if I spent the initial time setting up the template, it would eventually pay off, but now I'm just frustrated and ready to quit.

It has to be possible. What am I not seeing? Could I create it in Excel and convert to PDF to print front and back? But, I don't have a program to convert to PDF if that would even work.

Thanks!

Kim

I made him a diary (like a day planner) that has a week-at-a-glance pages & a week's lesson assignment pages. For holiday weeks I've just printed the week-at-a-glance pages, but for our "school" weeks I've printed the week-at-a-glance page on the left & the lesson assignment page on the right. I didn't want to bother trying to double side pages, so instead simply printed 2 pages / full-size sheet, making the pages half-size. This works well for us. To bind, I first folded the pages, so that the fold would not be at the binding edge & had the book bound at the local copyshop. This way of printing makes the book a bit thicker, but also helps to prevent bleed through of inks. It took me a bit of time to work on this book, but I did need to work out first the school assignments for ds#2. We have quite a busy year planned with major renovations happening on the house, so I wanted a plan typed out that I knew would get what I wanted accomplished in the year as he may be heading off to highschool in 2011. With out the assignments printed, it would come together a lot quicker. I worked in MS Word as I know that program best.

Blessings,

That's a neat idea, Deb!

You would think in this age of technology, this wouldn't be that hard. In the time I've spent trying to figure this out the last few days, I could have actually manually entered the dates in Word!

It just really bugs me when I can't figure something out!

C'mon ladies, I know we can think this thru!:tongue_smilie:

Kim

Open a new Word document. On the Insert menu, select Object, then Microsoft Excel Worksheet. I hope this solves it!

I thought about trying that, but haven't. Do you think it would be better to do the whole planner sheet in Excel and copy that into Word or do the sheet in Word and only copy in the date parts?

I've done this, but not with dates automatically entered. I've done them by hand at the beginning of the year, as I'm figuring days and weeks off, etc. As you say, I'm sure there's a way to do it...

Here's what a week this year looks like... Made in Word...

10424_137590870877_688000877_2668318_5295613_n.jpg

For some reason I can't see the picture. Could you e-mail it to me, please?

I started toying with making a sample sheet in Excel and then I was going to paste it into PowerPoint. I haven't gotten very far with it though.

I didn't realize there were so many macros in Word. Seems like one of them would do the date automatically, but I don't understand any of them!:lol: One of them may!

This really may be more trouble than its worth. :(

So much for being so organized next year.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keeping trying.

Kim