Menu

S/O share your casserole recipe here!

Okay, I want more casserole recipes! Mine is really vague, but I will try:

Leftover (or precooked) rice, either brown or white, or a mixture.

Cream of chicken soup (I used homemade but canned will work, if you use canned, put broth instead of water.)

Cooked Chicken

Broccoli

Mix together and bake until broccoli is done... about 35 minutes.

Leftover (or precooked) rice, either brown or white, or a mixture.

Cream of chicken soup (I used homemade but canned will work, if you use canned, put broth instead of water.)

Cooked Chicken

Broccoli

Mix together and bake until broccoli is done... about 35 minutes.

Mine is similar. In a large glass baking dish, layer cooked white rice, broccoli, and cooked chicken. Pour 2 cups of sauce (below) over, then top with grated cheddar. Bake for 30 minutes.

Sauce: Melt 4 Tb butter, whisk in 4 Tb flour. Gradually add 2 C water. Raise heat to mdm high. Stir till thick. Add 1 cube Knorr vegetarian bouillon.

Sometimes I add sauteed mushrooms, but it's good without, too.

Guest Virginia Dawn

My family's favorite: Chicketti

cook enough spaghetti for 6 people

while that is cooking, saute chopped onion, green pepper, a couple of cloves of garlic, one pickled jalapeno-seeded and chopped. Add 2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce, one can of diced tomatoes (or 3 chopped fresh tomatoes), 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 cups or so of chopped chicken, 1/4 cup sliced green olives. Combine sauce and spaghetti, put in 9x13 glass casserole,top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake till heated through and cheese is melted. Yumm!

You know, I haven't made this in a long time, and can't quite remember the proportions, but the kids really liked it when we used to have it.

I think I put a cup and a half of rice, 3 cups of water, a package or two of frozen spinach, some chopped garlic and a couple onions, some already cooked chickpeas, and some feta cheese in a big pot and cooked it on the stove until the rice was soft. I even remember taking it to a LLL leader's house and her raving about it.

Good luck with your cooking!

Here's a breakfast casserole I make every Christmas:

Layer an 8x8 pan with frozen hash browns. Doesn't matter if they're the cubed Southern style or shredded. Just cover the bottom of the pan (OH, spray the pan with Pam first).

Top that with a pound of diced, cooked breakfast meat. Ham, bacon, sausage, whatever.

Beat 6 eggs, 1 c milk, 1/2 tsp mustard powder, salt and pepper to taste and pour that over everything else. Top with grated cheddar and cover, refrigerate over night. Bake for about an hour at 350*

**Variations: I sometimes put in diced bell pepper and onion. I cook it with the meat. You could also mix in some salsa with the eggs and top with Jack cheese.

My family loves this and I did make it for a breakfast potluck and got rave reviews.

Your basic "spaghetti bake" here :

1 lb pasta, penne, or similar

1 jar spaghetti sauce (or homemade)

1 C parmesan cheese

1 lb ground beef/buffalo/turkey/Italian sausage

2 C mozzerella, shredded

Brown meat. Add sauce and parmesan. Cook pasta. Drain and add to meat and sauce. Pour into baking dish. Cover with shredded mozzerella. Bake 20 minutes at 400. Simple and very Midwestern, but yummy!

Here's a breakfast casserole I make every Christmas:

Layer an 8x8 pan with frozen hash browns. Doesn't matter if they're the cubed Southern style or shredded. Just cover the bottom of the pan (OH, spray the pan with Pam first).

Top that with a pound of diced, cooked breakfast meat. Ham, bacon, sausage, whatever.

Beat 6 eggs, 1 c milk, 1/2 tsp mustard powder, salt and pepper to taste and pour that over everything else. Top with grated cheddar and cover, refrigerate over night. Bake for about an hour at 350*

**Variations: I sometimes put in diced bell pepper and onion. I cook it with the meat. You could also mix in some salsa with the eggs and top with Jack cheese.

My family loves this and I did make it for a breakfast potluck and got rave reviews.

I wish I had that recipe 5 hours ago. :lol: Thanks for posting it. It is going into a file for next time I need a breakfast casserole.;)