Menu

Wwyd if a main gift hadn't arrived yet, and the only tracking information said:

"Arrival scan" in California on Dec. 12. And you live in Ohio. And you know that if the package is still in Calif., it won't get here by tomorrow. If there were any other info., I wouldn't be worried, but it's the only package I haven't received yet, and that's the only info. available. I have received all the other items in the same order from Amazon, and all the other items I ordered a week later.

I called Amazon customer service yesterday, but all they could say was that it was guaranteed to arrive on Dec. 24 (which I already knew), but they had no other information. It is in transit, but isn't 11 days a long time to not at least arrive somewhere else? All of my other orders had detailed information on every stop along the way.

It's dd8's main gift (an MP3 player). I know it's not a big deal in the larger scheme of life, but it's making me feel so unsettled this morning. I don't know whether I should reorder and choose one-day shipping, and hope it gets here, and just plan to return the other one if it ever shows up. Or if I should just wait and take a chance.

I would probably do both myself. I would go get another mp3 if I could but would be on phone with a manager of the call center and not relenting till I knew where my order was or just plain canceling my order with unpleasant words thrown in there. Someone can find out, 11 days is plenty of time. I hope you get it all sorted out in you favor, and soon.

Call them again and report that there is a problem - not just asking where it is. Tell them what the tracking is showing. Tell them you need another one sent ASAP (1 day shipping) at no charge to you. This is what happened to me, except that my went to NY (and is now in NJ.)

Is it just sitting in CA?

Call them again and report that there is a problem - not just asking where it is. Tell them what the tracking is showing. Tell them you need another one sent ASAP (1 day shipping) at no charge to you. This is what happened to me, except that my went to NY (and is now in NJ.)

Is it just sitting in CA?

:iagree: Hope things work out for you.

Print off a picture of the item, wrap it up, and give it to your dd. Tell her, "It hasn't arrived yet because there was a problem with the shipping, but it will be here soon. I love you, dear. Merry Christmas."

We had a similar issue with something a few years ago. Our kids' gifts just sat for several days in Kentucky, then went to Delaware. They still believed in Santa so we printed off pictures and put a note "from Santa" saying an airplane sideswiped his sleigh and their presents fell out. They were disappointed, but then they got excited when the package finally came a few days later.

I just want to say that I have tracked packages before where it stated "arrival scan in State (?)", and it stayed that way for several days. Then upon rechecking, several updates were there and the package arrived at my home within a day. I thought that was strange because like you, I was worried the package wasn't moving, but apparently it was.

I agree with the pp - if it doesn't arrive, I would print a picture and say it would be arriving very shortly. I don't know that I would go to the effort of stressing over the one day shipping of a new one and the return of the other, but that's just me.

I just want to say that I have tracked packages before where it stated "arrival scan in State (?)", and it stayed that way for several days. Then upon rechecking, several updates were there and the package arrived at my home within a day. I thought that was strange because like you, I was worried the package wasn't moving, but apparently it was.

I agree with the pp - if it doesn't arrive, I would print a picture and say it would be arriving very shortly. I don't know that I would go to the effort of stressing over the one day shipping of a new one and the return of the other, but that's just me.

I've had this happen as well.

Well, I called Amazon's customer service again. They recommended that I call my local post office to see if they had it. So, I did. The local post office entered my tracking number and told me that it had been received in Cincinnati on Dec. 15. This seemed a little strange to me, since I live just about 3 hours from Cinc., and I figured that they could have shipped it out to my post office by now. So I decided to call the Cincinnati post office to check on the status. The postal worker there was extremely helpful. He said that they had never actually had the package, that they just received my shipping information on Dec. 15. He explained that the arrival scan in California meant that the packaged had arrived at the private shipping company whose job it was to deliver to the USPS, but that USPS had never actually received the item.

So, I called back to Amazon's customer service again, and was very fortunate to receive a very helpful representative who determined that Amazon had somehow lost the item in the warehouse and, indeed, had never given it to the USPS. He refunded my purchase price for the originial item, and arranged to refund the cost of one-day shipping when I purchased the item again. He also assured me that they would be sending it UPS or Fex-Ex and it was much more likely to actually get to me.

So, now I feel much better. And if it somehow gets messed up again, I'll just do what you said and wrap up the photo of the item. Thanks for all the advice and commiseration! Merry Christmas everyone.