Menu

Elemental science ?

woolybear

It would be best for both your children to have a student workbook, so that they each have a record of what they have learned. Plus if they are in different grades they will complete the work differently, ie. a third grader could write for themselves while a first grader would dictate to you their narration. If you order the eBook pacakage, the copyright allows you to print out workbooks for each child. That said, you could have a family notebook in which you write the narrations, but you would have to work out who colored the picture :). Hope that helps!

Thanks, Paige. Unfortunately both my dc are not ready to do much of their own writing. Even ds, 9, is not there yet. However, I think they might both like to do separate narrations. I'm going to think this over. After Christmas.:)

Have a wonderful holiday!

We're doing Chemistry (ebook) and I printed out workbooks for my three oldest (5, 7, 9). They like having their own even though I write while they dictate (my 9yo hates writing things down). We do literature and history this way as well. :)

Ds is very interested in doing chemistry right now, but I think Earth science and Astronomy would be better to do right now. We've done a bit here and there but never a full program. Also, I think with my younger ds, 7 yo, it's a better fit right now and would be good for my older as well. My compromise is to do some mini chemistry unit in January to satisfy older ds and then focus more fully on it next year. Though, just reading Loved and Veritaserum's post makes me want to join you all.:) I feel like I would have others to hang out and discuss this with.

Veritaserum--Do you think printing the e-books yourself is still cost effective? I know it varies depending on what kind of printer you have, but our ink can get pretty expensive. Oh, and how many pages is it?

Ds is very interested in doing chemistry right now, but I think Earth science and Astronomy would be better to do right now. We've done a bit here and there but never a full program. Also, I think with my younger ds, 7 yo, it's a better fit right now and would be good for my older as well. My compromise is to do some mini chemistry unit in January to satisfy older ds and then focus more fully on it next year. Though, just reading Loved and Veritaserum's post makes me want to join you all.:) I feel like I would have others to hang out and discuss this with.

Veritaserum--Do you think printing the e-books yourself is still cost effective? I know it varies depending on what kind of printer you have, but our ink can get pretty expensive. Oh, and how many pages is it?

The student workbook is 113 pages. Our printer prints for about $.02 per page. You might find out what it would cost to print the file at a copy shop. I've done that in the past. One advantage of that is they'll 3-hole punch it, too. :)

Woolybear, if your kids are wanting fun experiments, you might consider Pop Bottle Science. I just received it in my order as well, and I am very happy with it.

Thanks, Loved. I'll check it out. I just ordered the Science Wiz chemistry kit from Rainbow Resource. I figure if I supplement that with some good books it might be enough for us for now.