Menu

If TWTM had an official game, it would have to be...

Perspective. I read about this time line game in a Rebecca Rupp book years ago, before we started homeschooling. I believe that I ordered our copy off of Ebay. Through the years, we have played Perspective as a family--adding the advanced cards as my son became more comfortable with a particular period of history. Well today we pulled out Perspective to play as a family with my now 12th grade son. Two rounds later, after discussions, serious bluffing and a good deal of laughter, I realized that I should nominate this game to be the Official WTM board game. If you ever stumble across a copy in a used shop, grab it! (Unfortunately it is out of print, so finding it will require serendipity!) You'll feel quite self righteous after you identify a number of historical events, artists, writers and musicians in chronological context.

Jane

c0c751c88da07ee2ffd32210.L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I had not heard of this game before, but it sounds both interesting and educational! I know we always enjoyed timeline work on the wall, plus reading through the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia.

I will put this on my list of games to look in to. My girls discovered "Apples to Apples" this past summer, and that has become a family favorite here. "Perspective" sounds very cool!

We have this game, too. I also bought it due to the Rupp recommendation. (Great Minds Think Alike, Jane!) It made me aware of my own history inadequacies. I'd say it's best played by children (and adults) who've already gone through a history cycle a time or two; you can pull cards though from periods that children have not yet studied.

Regards,

Kareni