Menu

Greek question

Shawna in Texas

We have just finished the Greek Alphabet Code Cracker book. DS7 likes it. It tells a story and it is quite entertaining. He learned the alphabets. The book barely touched on consonant blends, vowels and diphthongs. I think it is a great introduction to Greek for a 7 yo boy.

Classical Greek for Beginners, distributed by Galore Park. It's a bare-bones introduction (no audio, no answer book) but has been a good basic book.

About Latin: if possible, try to keep the grammar fresh, even if you are moving forwards. It would be a shame to lose all you have learned in case you want to pick it back up again later. Calvin found LP2 tough. We had a hard time about half way through it. We did find that it lightened up towards the end and started to enjoy it.

Laura

Classical Greek for Beginners, distributed by Galore Park. It's a bare-bones introduction (no audio, no answer book) but has been a good basic book.

About Latin: if possible, try to keep the grammar fresh, even if you are moving forwards. It would be a shame to lose all you have learned in case you want to pick it back up again later. Calvin found LP2 tough. We had a hard time about half way through it. We did find that it lightened up towards the end and started to enjoy it.

Laura

Oh, we are definitely keeping up with it. Weekly. What I plan is taking a random assignment in LP2 and having her do one or two a week to keep fresh. Maybe even do some review with SYRWTLL 1. The middle of LP2 kicked our butts and that is what made her want a break.

I have Galore Park's Greek bookmarked. I am concerned that it doesn't have answers or audio, but the price is good.

We're using Elementary Greek which can come with audio that I wish I had bought. It is definitely not secular, all the memorisations are from the Bible. As a textbook though I really like it, the kids have learned the alphabet really easily and some of them can read and translate a little bit too. I think, if you wanted, you could probably find some other passages for memorising and skip the Bible verses, I just don't have the time or the resources to do that at the moment.

Guest Nick Oulton
Oh, we are definitely keeping up with it. Weekly. What I plan is taking a random assignment in LP2 and having her do one or two a week to keep fresh. Maybe even do some review with SYRWTLL 1. The middle of LP2 kicked our butts and that is what made her want a break.

I have Galore Park's Greek bookmarked. I am concerned that it doesn't have answers or audio, but the price is good.

Hi, answers to the GALORE Greek are on the way. Should be out early in the new year, if that helps.

Nick