Menu

Typing Recommendation for 4th grader

Kimm in WA

We liked the SpongeBob typing program available on a CD for about $14 on both PC and Mac platforms. Yeah, maybe sounds goofy, but it presents the material in a fun way to kids. My son began using it in second grade and was a decent 10 wpm typist in third grade.

We liked the SpongeBob typing program available on a CD for about $14 on both PC and Mac platforms. Yeah, maybe sounds goofy, but it presents the material in a fun way to kids. My son began using it in second grade and was a decent 10 wpm typist in third grade.

:iagree:

Same here. My DD likes SpongeBob so I knew she'd use it with no complaint. Her typing has improved tremendously. She knew the home keys within a couple of lessons and she has gotten quite a bit faster - her "certificate" on the wall says 17 wpm (she's in 4th grade).

I'm sure Mavis Beacon is excellent - it's been very popular for years and years. But we give SpongeBob two thumbs up - especially for elementary grades.