Menu

So, what are you reading on your Kindle?

Just a few from my archived books -

According to Jane

Commencement

The Christmas Bus

Fireflies in December

Golden Buddha

The Help - highly recommend

The Hour I First Believed

Raising Jake

I have found that since owning my Kindle I read a much broader genre of books than ever before.

Also, check the Kindle Store every night. Many times books are offered for a short time for free. That is how I have gotten a lot of my books. If I don't like them after a few pages, nothing lost but a few minutes of my time.

It takes a little while to get acquainted with the online bookstores - then you will be off and running with lots of downloads and not enough time to read all of them ;).

I'm reading Murder Makes Waves. One in a series of books about sisters that solve mysteries. They are both in their sixties and there is a lot of humor. It would be considered a cozy type mystery.

I just finished a series by Lorna Barrett, another cozy mystery series.

Robert Jordan's books are going on kindle one a month. They are fantasy and one of my favorites in that genre.

The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie King are a neat series about Sherlock Holmes and a young woman he befriends.

Anne Perry writes historical mysteries that I also enjoy.

A Game of Thrones/ A Clash of Kings are the first two in another fantasy series.

Dick Francis has several books on kindle--he is a typical English mystery writer with stories the center around racehorses. Love him.

Will Thomas and Jaqueline Winspear are two more excellent mystery writers. They are probably the ones I've enjoyed most lately.

As you can tell I read mystery and fantasy. I dislike the gruesome mysteries so popular today and lean more toward English style of mysteries(if you know what I mean) and cozy mysteries.

Take advantage of the sample button. Sometimes after a hard day--I go to the bookstore without ever leaving the house. I download multiple samples and just browse. I know I'm a geek but it's awesome. I've discovered authors I never would have read because I rarely have time to browse in the bookstore.

Just a few from my archived books -

According to Jane

Commencement

The Christmas Bus

Fireflies in December

Golden Buddha

The Help - highly recommend

The Hour I First Believed

Raising Jake

I have found that since owning my Kindle I read a much broader genre of books than ever before.

Also, check the Kindle Store every night. Many times books are offered for a short time for free. That is how I have gotten a lot of my books. If I don't like them after a few pages, nothing lost but a few minutes of my time.

It takes a little while to get acquainted with the online bookstores - then you will be off and running with lots of downloads and not enough time to read all of them ;).

So how do you find the free books? I typed in "free Kindle books" in the search box at Amazon, and it showed me books I could buy that would show me how to find the free books!? :glare:

So how do you find the free books? I typed in "free Kindle books" in the search box at Amazon, and it showed me books I could buy that would show me how to find the free books!? :glare:

Go to the Kindle Books page. Scroll down and toward the bottom on the right will be a box that says 'Best Sellers on Kindle' - Updated hourly. It will show you the top five (right now all top five are free). Click on 'All Kindle Bestsellers' and you will see the top 100.

Hope that helps.

BTW, when I first got my Kindle I did the EXACT same thing that you did :D

I'm reading Murder Makes Waves. One in a series of books about sisters that solve mysteries. They are both in their sixties and there is a lot of humor. It would be considered a cozy type mystery.

Which is the first book? Sounds like a series my mom would really like!:)

I have a nook but sure you can probably get the same books for kindle.

Dune - Frank Herbert

Judas Kiss - J.T. Ellison

Marked - P.C. Cast

My Soul to Lose - Rachel Vincent

Pride and Prejudice

Sense and Sensibility

Templar Legacy - Steve Berry

Dracula - Bram Stoker

The Dark Tower Series Gun Slinger - Stephen King.