Menu

MCT Question: Grammar Island, Practice Island

MariannNOVA

Quick question:

The twins and I are in (on? :001_huh:) Grammar Island - page 67......we are writing sentences (when we have to in order to illustrate a concept) using color coding on our whiteboard and that is going well.

Do we wait till we have completed Grammar Island until we start Practice Island? I am thinking that we do wait so I can explain the 4-Level analysis to them, but I just want to be certain.

TIA

I did not use Island level but did you see the graphic on the website that tells when to do it?

http://rfwp.com/downloads.php

Scroll down to where it says "Implementation Slideshow"-it was VERY helpful for me in prepping for Town level! Helps you understand the vision for the use of materials.

PS-dh is shipping out your package today!

PPS-made your luscious Butternut Squash Lasagne again last night-I am addicted to that stuff!

I did not use Island level but did you see the graphic on the website that tells when to do it?

http://rfwp.com/downloads.php

Scroll down to where it says "Implementation Slideshow"-it was VERY helpful for me in prepping for Town level! Helps you understand the vision for the use of materials.

PS-dh is shipping out your package today!

PPS-made your luscious Butternut Squash Lasagne again last night-I am addicted to that stuff!

We are just connected on SO many levels, aren't we?!:D I will check out the graphic -- thanks so much!:)

Do we wait till we have completed Grammar Island until we start Practice Island?
Yes, and a heads up: The indirect object is covered in Sentence Island, not Grammar Island, so you'll need to cover this before hitting it in the Practice Book.

Yes, and a heads up: The indirect object is covered in Sentence Island, not Grammar Island, so you'll need to cover this before hitting it in the Practice Book.

Thanks -- I am a Grammar Fanatic -- this is quite helpful for me to know!:thumbup:

OR.... you could start doing a few of the practice sentences and only do a one or two level analysis....

Then go back and do 3 & 4 after you have taught them....

that is me, modifying again! :tongue_smilie:

And, now you have to STOP! :toetap05:

Scroll down to where it says "Implementation Slideshow"-it was VERY helpful for me in prepping for Town level! Helps you understand the vision for the use of materials

I agree, that would be best.

We're using Magic Lens, and we do 4Practice as we go. I use the vocabulary lesson (Word Within the Word lesson 1) to correlate Magic Lens with 4Practice, because they will both say on an assignment "W-1" or something like that.

But the lower levels may be different...

Julie