Menu

Getting a Wii...accessories needed & best games for 13yo ds?

So my mom is getting us a Wii. Do we need to get some extra remotes?

Also, feel free to recommend family-friendly games my 13yo ds will enjoy. I'm considering...

Super Mario Bros.

Star Wars Clone Wars

Namco Museum Remix

Animal Crossing City Folk

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Lego Star Wars

Wendi

My boys enjoy all the Lego Star Wars games!

And Super Mario is always a hit, but they didn't enjoy the olympic one that much. They love Wii Sports, which I think comes with the console...or at least ours did. It's a lot of fun!

My boys also love Guitar Hero. You have to buy the guitar just once and then it can be used for all of the other games (I think there are close to 10 altogether!)

At least one extra remote

Nunchucks (one for each remote you have)

Rubber covers for remotes & nunchucks (helps with grip...so they don't go flying)

Memory card for saving games

Remote charger (get one that will hold 2 or 4 depending on how many remotes you get)

At least one extra remote

Nunchucks (one for each remote you have)

Rubber covers for remotes & nunchucks (helps with grip...so they don't go flying)

Memory card for saving games

Remote charger (get one that will hold 2 or 4 depending on how many remotes you get)

I agree except we haven't found a need for a memory card yet. The wii has quite a bit of internal memory. We have quite a few games, ds has downloaded 2 games and we have yet to run out of internal memory.

About the games:

Super Mario Bros.-this is a new one, we bought it for Christmas, it looks fun with a group.

Star Wars Clone Wars-haven't played this one

Namco Museum Remix-haven't played this one

Animal Crossing City Folk-jmo but this is sort of a girly game. You make friends with the neighbors, you collect furniture for your house. My son isn't interested and he's only 8. ymmv.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games-this is fun with a group of people but is less fun when you're playing alone. If it was me I would get something fun for a group and something that would be fun for him to play alone.

Lego Star Wars-these lego games are all a lot of fun.