Menu

If you had to rely on an online weather prediction...

What one would you choose??

We are planning to go to an amusement park this Thursday. Two online weather channels state that there is a 20% chance of rain that day. Two others say a 40% chance. I don't know who to believe!!!! :confused: 20% is a chance I'd be willing to take. 40% is a bit more dicey. Do you have a weather station that you trust?? If so, do tell! Please! :D

What one would you choose??

We are planning to go to an amusement park this Thursday. Two online weather channels state that there is a 20% chance of rain that day. Two others say a 40% chance. I don't know who to believe!!!! :confused: 20% is a chance I'd be willing to take. 40% is a bit more dicey. Do you have a weather station that you trust?? If so, do tell! Please! :D

NOAA

I see you're in California. So am I. Our local guy says rain on Thursday, and he's generally right, but I'm not sure if it'll extend to SoCal if that's where you're from. We're in Central Cal and we're expecting it to rain.

We are planning a trip to Buena Park (Knotts Berry Farm). So, yes, we're talking SoCal. :D

You can buy light weight ponchos in the camping section of Target and bring them with you in case.

We did Disneyland in the rain and still had a lot of fun. We also went to Legoland in the rain on hs day. I will never forget eating lunch outside under the umbrella while it rained. So fun! Just bring a change of clothes for the car ride home.

It never really gets that cold in So. Cal. so go and have fun.

one nice thing about iffy forecasts is that lots of folks stay home. we went to disneyland on a forecasted rain day, and walked on to ALL the rides until mid-afternoon, and it only rained for a few minutes. it is our favourite trip to disneyland of all time :001_smile:

have fun, whatever you do!

ann

Here it is Wednesday at 4:00pm and no one has made a definitive decision on whether we go tomorrow or not. Well, actually, one family has backed out. They don't want to take the risk....even though the risk is now down to 20% chance on most of the weather sites, with rain only forcast for evening. The park closes at 6:00pm. :confused:

I'm in the LET'S GO camp! (Good grief people, they are only predicting possible showers, not a downpour all day long. Sheesh!)

I wish someone (DH) would make a decision though so I will know what I am doing tomorrow! :tongue_smilie: