Menu

Latin programs: parts to whole, whole to parts...

christine in al

Thank you, I felt all set , then came across the information abotu parts to whole, whole to parts programs. So my plan is still on track . LL, then Latin Prep. Thanks

~c.

Parts to whole is very good for teaching grammar, but weak in teaching students how to read a piece of Latin text. Whole to parts is very good at teaching students how to read Latin, but it's necessary to incorporate parts to whole teaching to help students accuracy and precision. One is not necessarily better or worse than the other, and it's good to use the best of both methods so students can both read Latin as well as have grammatical precision.

From what I've seen Latin Prep incorporates both.
I would characterize Latin Prep as parts to whole. We combine it with Cambridge Latin in an effort to get the best of both worlds. Edited by nmoira
typo

I would characterize Latin Prep as parts to whole. We combine it the Cambridge Latin in an effort to get the best of both worlds.

Latin Prep has lots of translation passages, but it's not an immersion experience - it's definitely grammar-led.

We have just started adding in some Cambridge for fun.

Laura