Menu

Comparing 2nd and 3rd Edition of Well Trained Mind

CathyCDK

somewhat ot, but no wonder I can't find Kingfisher History anywhere......

:001_huh:Am I missing something? I've heard from many sources that Kingfisher is OOP, but I'm seeing it available all over - B&N, Amazon, CBD, etc. Am I looking at the wrong book? (I've been looking at the red Kingfisher History of the World.)

I have a copy of the 2nd edition of The Well Trained Mind. In what ways is the third edition different? What would make it worth upgrading to the newest edition?

Thanks,

Cathy

I like the new outlining instructions in the logic stage history section. I also like the section in the back that explains some of the changes from edition to edition. The rhetoric stage history/GB section is reorganized and I can make better sense of it now. That part also suggests making history a separate study from GB now, and gives book recs for that. There are explanations in the writing sections, of some of the programs that are recommended. There are explanations as to how to figure out which program to use.

I have a question.....I've just kind of skimmed the new one - it was on the new book shelf at the library so I grabbed it since I wasn't going to be buying it. In the elementary history section, she keeps talking about using the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia. Isn't that the one that is OOP? I thought that was what she was asking for other ideas for a few months ago.

I have a question.....I've just kind of skimmed the new one - it was on the new book shelf at the library so I grabbed it since I wasn't going to be buying it. In the elementary history section, she keeps talking about using the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia. Isn't that the one that is OOP? I thought that was what she was asking for other ideas for a few months ago.

She did ask, and I think it was a last minute change to the logic stage history section. Because of that, I think that the mention of KF in the grammar stage section is a mistake - it didn't get removed when she changed the logic stage recommendation.