Menu

Breyer Horse Questions

Does anyone know where to find the value of Breyer horses? And then where the best place might be to sell them? These are several I had as a kid and played with - don't have boxes and many aren't pristine, but they are in good condition for toys.

I thought of e-bay, but am not sure it's worth all the fees... so thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has ideas where they have sold - or bought - them. My boys aren't interested and I never play with them anymore. I might keep one or two for sentimental reasons, but the rest I'm ready to part with. (Can use the $$ too, so donating them to Goodwill is not a good option for us.)

Does anyone know where to find the value of Breyer horses? And then where the best place might be to sell them? These are several I had as a kid and played with - don't have boxes and many aren't pristine, but they are in good condition for toys.

I thought of e-bay, but am not sure it's worth all the fees... so thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has ideas where they have sold - or bought - them. My boys aren't interested and I never play with them anymore. I might keep one or two for sentimental reasons, but the rest I'm ready to part with. (Can use the $$ too, so donating them to Goodwill is not a good option for us.)

Craigslist is free and you usually don't have to deal with shipping as most buyers would be local and pick up or meet you. As to setting a price...you might get your ideas on that from eBay. I might be interested in some of them if you find a place to list them with photographs.

Oh the memories, I used to have a large collection of Breyer model horses. But I went through a time in my life that I ended up selling all of them in a yard sale. Big mistake, but life goes on.

Anyway, I have seen a collectors book on Breyer models that give details on each figurine that they have made, including some kind of value. I am not sure where you would find the book, maybe do a search for it.

I just looked on Paperback Swap and if you do a search for Breyer, you can see several different editions of the Breyer Animal Collector's Guide: Identification and values"

As far as where to sell them, I don't really know. Sorry can't help you there."

Edited by shalom22

I don't know the value of them myself. However, if you don't sell them on CL I would love to show them to my dds to see if there are any they might want (depending on price). They have been collectors for years, although they go by whether the horse 'looks nice' not on collectable value. We have some very cheap ones, and we have been able to find more collectable ones over the years. I myself couldn't tell you which is which.

Edited by LibraryLover

If anyone else is looking, I liked the ponylagoon site and the breyer horse collectors.

One additional site I found is this one:

http://identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/traditional.htm

since my brain just isn't what it used to be.

I've got a written list of what I have now - and have researched prices on e-bay. A lot are on my watch list to see what they sell for. A couple I couldn't find on e-bay... so I'll have to keep looking for those - or just list them there to get an accurate on the spot value!

So... I've got to type my list, check each model carefully for rubs, etc, then add a price, then take pictures... it's almost sounding like more work than it's worth - but hey, what else was I doing today? :glare:

Craig's List sounds good to avoid shipping if there are buyers from it. To those that privately requested lists - I'll definitely send them - perhaps before the pics so I can speed up pics on any you might be interested in as I have limited computer time.

Once hubby comes back home he gets the computer... We have to share and he earns our living off of it (Civil Engineer).

I don't know the value of them myself. However, if you don't sell them on CL I would love to show them to my dds to see if there are any they might want (depending on price). They have been collectors for years, although they go by whether the horse 'looks nice' not on collectable value. We have some very cheap ones, and we have been able to find more collectable ones over the years. I myself couldn't tell you which is which.

Laurie - I tried to send you a pm, but it said your mailbox is full so I can't...