Menu

Rookie, re: your religion post,

For some reason, the board is not letting me post on yours. But I wanted to give you my input.

Religion is made by people.

Relationship was created by God through Jesus' death and resurrection.

People will always fail you.

Jesus never will.

One cannot "work" at being a better Christian by following all the rules, because Jesus did the "work" when He died on the cross for forgiveness of our sins.

Following God's plan (as laid out in the Bible) for my life, comes a response to what Jesus did for me on the cross. And the second greatest commandment, according to Jesus, is to love others as yourself.

Peace to you, Rookie!

For some reason' date=' the board is not letting me post on yours. But I wanted to give you my input.

[i']Religion [/i]is made by people.

Jesus never will.

One cannot "work" at being a better Christian by following all the rules, because Jesus did the "work" when He died on the cross for forgiveness of our sins.

Following God's plan (as laid out in the Bible) for my life, comes a response to what Jesus did for me on the cross. And the second greatest commandment, according to Jesus, is to love others as yourself.

Peace to you, Rookie!

I didn't see the other discussion but :iagree:...

:grouphug:

Jesus never will.

This is so true!

I find many people will say they aren't a Christian anymore or they don't like this or that church because the people are hypocrites. I try to tell them that if they rely on other people to build their faith then their faith will be very weak. You must build your faith on Christ and then you'll be stronger. It isn't always easy and I make the mistake of relying on people too but life is much better when I remember who to rely on.

This is so true!

I find many people will say they aren't a Christian anymore or they don't like this or that church because the people are hypocrites. I try to tell them that if they rely on other people to build their faith then their faith will be very weak. You must build your faith on Christ and then you'll be stronger. It isn't always easy and I make the mistake of relying on people too but life is much better when I remember who to rely on.

Interesting quote I ran across and now keep on a post-in on the cover of my Bible: Church is not a showplace for saints. It's a hospital for sinners.

I read a bit about hypocrasy and church goers and the explanation was... we're all human, we're all sinners and if we remember that then we can look sadly, but lovingly on the failings of our church family. Then, we can offer help. Seeing the church dynamic as a body that requires the good workings of eachother to endure, adding in the idea that we need to help eachother keep to the right path, can make the hypocrites become brothers that are being mislead and need help, not a cold shoulder.

This is not meant to be judgemental or anything, I've just been learning and growing so much lately and been so blessed by my new church that I'm bursting at the seams, wanting to share.

:grouphug:

For some reason' date=' the board is not letting me post on yours. But I wanted to give you my input.

[i']Religion [/i]is made by people.

Jesus never will.

Peace to you, Rookie!

Totally :iagree: !!!! I don't care about religion....I care about Jesus.