Menu

Need help pronouncing Korean words....need by Tuesday!

I am doing a presentation on Korean holiday foods for my nutrition class. I have googled and googled and I cannot find out how to pronounce any of these foods or holidays. Here are the words I need to pronounce, if any of you know them...if not, where do I go?: ttok kuk, chapch'ae, pindaettok, sujonggwa, shik'e, chonwol taeborum, ogok-bap, mug un-namul, ssuk tang, aheho-tang, surich'i-ttok, chunchi-guk, aengdu-hwachae, sambok, samgye-tang, chusok, tongji, p'at-chuk,song-i, hangwa (and the various sweets that are included!), dduk gook, garaetteok. Whoo...there are more I need but here's a start. Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi there,

I am Korean by descent but unfortunately I don't speak Korean but I can help some with the pronunciation.

chapch'ae = chahp cheh Hopefully you can decipher that.

An idea...... look on Youtube for recipe demonstrations that mention the recipe name. I would post one right now for you but my copy and paste function is acting squirrelly. I try to post more later.

Josephine

I am doing a presentation on Korean holiday foods for my nutrition class. I have googled and googled and I cannot find out how to pronounce any of these foods or holidays. Here are the words I need to pronounce, if any of you know them...if not, where do I go?: ttok kuk, chapch'ae, pindaettok, sujonggwa, shik'e, chonwol taeborum, ogok-bap, mug un-namul, ssuk tang, aheho-tang, surich'i-ttok, chunchi-guk, aengdu-hwachae, sambok, samgye-tang, chusok, tongji, p'at-chuk,song-i, hangwa (and the various sweets that are included!), dduk gook, garaetteok. Whoo...there are more I need but here's a start. Thanks!!!!!!!

Is the "shik'e" fermented rice drink? Yum. If so, it's shee-kyeh. Make sure you blend the k and the y. Lots of people have trouble with the k and y next to each other though I'm not sure why.

chapchae is chahp-cheh basically.

Korean consonants are clipped way more so that in English. They hear a rush of air at the end of ours that we don't notice.

If those words were written in Korean I could help more!