Menu

On-line reader comprehension guides for cheap or free

cheryl h

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the reading comprehension testing program called Accelerated Readers or AR...used by both private and public schools. I am looking for something similar online, preferably at very low cost or free. Does anyone know if any such thing exists? My kids read well above grade level and the Abeka readers we got for their grade are far too boring for them so we are switching to some of SWB recommendations for literature/history reading as well as selections from the 1000 best books list. Progeny Press is too expensive to do as many as we'd like....any suggestions?

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the reading comprehension testing program called Accelerated Readers or AR...used by both private and public schools. I am looking for something similar online, preferably at very low cost or free. Does anyone know if any such thing exists? My kids read well above grade level and the Abeka readers we got for their grade are far too boring for them so we are switching to some of SWB recommendations for literature/history reading as well as selections from the 1000 best books list. Progeny Press is too expensive to do as many as we'd like....any suggestions?

Something like http://www.bookadventure.org/ ? I'm not very familiar with AR.