Menu

Random Act of Kindness........Such a nice thing!

:)

We are still living in a hotel -- yes, it is wearing thin.......

Anyway, we have the same housekeeper every day - she is very, very nice, and very thorough. Perhaps she likes the fact that we keep our suite very very neat and clean and there is no clutter -- and we do leave a gratuity for her every week as we are so pleased with her work.

It is raining this morning, and we are in a building a short walk from the building where breakfast is set up -- Gloria just knocked on our door and she had bananas, etc for 'the babies' (as she calls them) from the breakfast set-up so they wouldn't have to go out in the rain.

That was a very sweet thing for her to do -- she is part of this experience that I will miss when we go back home.:001_smile:

One of the best memories I have is when I was at the grocery store, an elderly lady was behind me. She only had a few things, so I asked the cashier to ring them through on my bill. (We have always had a tight budget, so I freely admit to not being able to do this if she'd had a lot). I felt really odd about it, asking her if I could pay for her groceries, but it was something I felt compelled to do. She asked me why, and I could only mutter that 'its just one of those things' while blushing to the point of wondering if my face would melt, lol

I've thought about that since...hoped that the few dollars I spent brought her as much blessing as it did to me.

One of the best memories I have is when I was at the grocery store, an elderly lady was behind me. She only had a few things, so I asked the cashier to ring them through on my bill. (We have always had a tight budget, so I freely admit to not being able to do this if she'd had a lot). I felt really odd about it, asking her if I could pay for her groceries, but it was something I felt compelled to do. She asked me why, and I could only mutter that 'its just one of those things' while blushing to the point of wondering if my face would melt, lol

I've thought about that since...hoped that the few dollars I spent brought her as much blessing as it did to me.

This brought a smile to my face! I've done that too -- I know you were a blessing to her!

When I worked in NYC, if I was running out to get a bagel and a coffee, I would always buy more than I needed and hand them out to individuals on the street who looked like they were in need.