Menu

Local article about H1N1

Setting up tents outside away from the general hospital population is a very smart move - more hospitals and clinics should be doing this.

You've had 32 deaths since Sep 27.

http://www.epi.state.nc.us/epi/gcdc/flu0910.html

You have 540 hospitalized. A study from CA recently was showing 11% fatality rate for hospitalized cases.

:iagree:

Hospitals take care of many immunocompromised people, so keeping infectious disease out of the hospital when possible seems smart. Plus, I'm sure the sheer number of patients coming in to either be examined or who need to stay for treatment is pretty high right now, so like the article said it helps take the load of the main hospital.

Tents? I can't even imagine if they had to do something like that here...our winter just doesn't really allow for patients to be treated in tents...even if they did try to "heat" them! Aye. :001_huh:

LOL - that was kinda my thought too. I assume they are enclosed and heated tents. My dad used to work on cars and, in the winter, he would make himself such a tent. It was honestly warmer than the house (electric heat comes out warm and heat pump heat doesn't). Now, in Canada, I think the 6 feet of snow may be the big barrier! LOL

Tents? I can't even imagine if they had to do something like that here...our winter just doesn't really allow for patients to be treated in tents...even if they did try to "heat" them! Aye. :001_huh:

If they use the same ones the military uses they are quite comfortable, even in extreme temps. I used to have to set up, take down, and do drills in military hospital tents since I was part of a CSH (combat support hospital, they replaced MASH units).

If you're thinking just you're typical camping tent there would likely be problems, but I doubt that's what they're using.