Menu

Looking for a bible based unit study on character - help please

Mom to 3+1

We're using Character Sketches from IBLP, and I've also looked into CHARACTER BUILDING FOR FAMILIES (caps becuase I pasted it and I'm too lazy to retype it, LOL!). I really like the Character Sketches and the animal part is great - my kids love it. We lighten up some of the bible part because they are young and the bible is pretty intense. I also like the character booklets from Keepers of the Faith if you are looking to teach specific traits. They aren't girlie (since "keepers" is the girl training half) and they focus on one trait over 30 days. We have 1 (bought it used to check it out) and we'll start using it now that you've reminded me to! LOL! We've also read through some of Child's Book of Character Building, Book 1: Growing Up in Gods World at Home, at School, at Play. I thought it was a little too simple for the kids (5 and 6) and it doesn't hold their attention. For general reading we also add in the "... with the Millers" story books and they've generated great discussions. This is a huge issue for me with our kids and one of the main reasons we homeschool - so I hope I was of some use.

Thanks! I am looking into all of the suggestions, but I think the IBLP is perfect! I looked at there wisdom books curriculum and loved it, but felt that it was too big for us and not a perfect fit. I wanted something smaller and this, initally, looks perfect! THANKS! Laura