Menu

Spending help please!

Someone gave me a $50 Amazon gift certificate for my dd 5-year-old K'er's birthday, and I am finding myself completely overwhelmed. $50 is both too much and too little! She loves the color PINK and Tinkerbell, is already reading and counting who knows how high (she counted once until 250 but got bored), and wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Very bright, very curious girl.

Would love input, please. If you had $50 and were planning to follow WTM all the way through, what would you buy now? Classic books? Teaching materials? DVDs? Toys?

HELP please! would love advice/suggestions. Thank you so much!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Classical Country Mama

Someone gave me a $50 Amazon gift certificate for my 5-year-old K'er's birthday, and I am finding myself completely overwhelmed. $50 is both too much and too little!

Would love input, please. If you had $50 and were planning to follow WTM all the way through, what would you buy now? Classic books? Teaching materials? DVDs? Toys?

HELP please! would love advice/suggestions. Thank you so much!:tongue_smilie:

Since it's a birthday gift, I'd look at some historical playmobil. Good imaginative play for all those cool history stories, but still fun enough to feel like a birthday present. And,for us at least, they're expensive enough that they are only special occasion presents - not a whim purchase (although we don't have many of those other than books).

Boy or girl?

Here's what I have on my dd's wishlist:

Magnext

Fuse bead kits

Suncatcher kits

Shrinky Dinks

texture rubbing plates

Castle Logix game by Educational Insights (we got her a similar-but-different one called Royal Rescue by same company)

Alpha-Bug Word Soup game by Learning Resources

Sum Swamp Addition and Subtraction game by Learning Resources

Gobblet Junior

Isokinetics Exercise/Balance Disc--put on a chair and dc can wiggle but stay in their seat

Zoologic game

Rolit Junior game

I need way more than $50! Hopefully someone in the family will get a couple items from the list for Christmas. :)

I searched Amazon for "human body model" and got many good-looking hits in your price range. You'll be doing anatomy in year 1, so you don't have to wait tooo long to use these. The Anatomy Models Bundle set looks incredible! The Learning Resources website says it's for ages 8-11, but I see no reason why you couldn't get it now. I think I want one!

http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-Anatomy-Models-Bundle/dp/B0012WF7LW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1257148499&sr=1-11