Menu

Does anyone have a child who doesn't play with indoor toys?

DD3 really doesn't play with toys. She will do an occasional puzzle, or play dolls for 5 minutes but that is it. I have a great second hand store by my house, and have bought her so many different things trying to find her niche and I haven't really found one for regular toys. I have an indoor trampoline, but she hasn't really taken an interest in it.

She loves to be outside, but in the PNW it isn't always comfortable for me to be out there with her. She also loves balls, any balls, but in the air... not really compatible with the house. She also loves to paint but again that is a one-on-one activity so it isn't what I am looking for.

If you have a kiddo like this, have you found any indoor toys that they liked?

My 2 1/2 year old is the same way. He has very little interest in toys, other than carrying around one of the many Webkinz we own. Inside he will only play if someone is playing directly with him, especially roughhousing. He MUCH prefers to be outside.

Other than playing on the computer or Wii, we haven't found anything he'll play with alone.

None of my kids really played with toys. My girls loved arts and crafts, drawing, painting, playing with playdough and clay. They could spend hours playing at the sink with soap and bubbles, washing plastic dishes. They also loved to be outside.

My son liked to build things, but wasn't so much into drawing and crafts as my girls.

The only real toy they used was the plastic kitchen. That thing got tons of use.

You mean my crockery doesn't count? Nope, my kiddie likes to climb on the couch and pull things out of drawers. I'm organising a play kitchen for her for Christmas, my aunt is buying a toy cash register so they can play shop and my grandmother is busily knitting toy fruit and veg for something to sell and uh, "cook." I hope she'll like that more than my kitchen... Dress ups and accessories go down well too.

Rosie