Menu

Lego City Advent Calendar

MrsMe

Rhonda covered it well. My kids loved it last year when we did the Lego City Advent Calendar (I got set # 7907 at Amazon on clearance for $7.50 the previous January!!). Now I would love to get the Castle set but it is too pricey for my taste.

Edited by RanchGirl

We've done Lego Advent before, which is a lot of fun. This year we're doing Playmobil for the first time. I've actually got one for each of my boys, since I couldn't decide between the forest set (Santa with woodland animals) and the Knight's Tournament set. :D

We've only done the Playmobil one. It is a cardboard backdrop and a bunch of little numbered boxes that attach. Into each box goes a piece of the scene and as you open them you can set them up and play with them. We have the forest one, so in one might be ducks, for instance, and another the feed trough with food (can't remember the exact pieces---they've joined the Playmobil universe that is our house:001_smile:).

Please tell me how this works. I'm not sure I understand. Also, do you have to have a city to have this?

Do you like this or Playmobile Advent. It's for a 9 yr old. :)

Thanks.

We tried the Lego Advent calendar one year. I ended up being the one assembling the models. They did not come with instructions in the individual little packets, and it was too hard for my kiddo to do the assembly (although, at 9yo, your child is quite a bit older than mine was when we used the calendar, so it should be a lot easier for him/her). The calendars now include a couple of minifigs.

We have 3 Playmobil Advent calendars that we re-use from year to year. I just put the pieces back in the little boxes in January, and the kids decide who does what calendar each year (they each open a separate calendar).