Menu

Little Update

Did Rosie ever say she was good at this? I have never made a whole quilt. I just had the idea. I rekon Scarlett needs to get her Mum to tell us what sized patches to make, then since Scarlett said she's not picky about colour or theme, we can get started. Under these sorts of circumstances, mothers like having something helpful to do. How's that for delegation ;) As for a time frame, is that important? She's going to be divorced from him for a long time! :D:hurray:

The only quilt patches I've ever done were applique. Not hard to do, but hard to do neatly. So my patch won't be the best one! (It does come with a story, though, to make up for that.)

Uh, thanks for "volunteering," Mrs Scarlett's Mum :lol:

Rosie

:leaving:

She will love this project Rosie. She has been wanting to put a quilt together for a long time.

As for a time frame, is that important? She's going to be divorced from him for a long time! :D:hurray:

Exactly! Thanks. All.

I will get Mom's ideas and let you who are interested know the details.

P.s. I've stayed anonymous on these boards mostly to do with being married to STBX. Would it work to pick a person to send the blocks to that can hold them and send on to me? That way I won't have to worry that STBXH has identified me from these boards.

It is lovely!!!! It makes me feel happy when I look at it.

Too bad you cannot crochet a square, that is the only thing I could offer.

If anyone is starting a crochet square for a blanket, let me know!

Either way, Rosie had a grand idea. When the quilt is ready, take a picture and post it.

Um. Why couldn't you crochet a doily and sew it, well couch it, onto a patch of fabric?

I don't know enough about these things to know why it wouldn't work.

P.s. I've stayed anonymous on these boards mostly to do with being married to STBX. Would it work to pick a person to send the blocks to that can hold them and send on to me? That way I won't have to worry that STBXH has identified me from these boards.

Not me! Unless you all want to pay international postage :)

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

Did Rosie ever say she was good at this? I have never made a whole quilt. I just had the idea. I rekon Scarlett needs to get her Mum to tell us what sized patches to make, then since Scarlett said she's not picky about colour or theme, we can get started. Under these sorts of circumstances, mothers like having something helpful to do. How's that for delegation ;) As for a time frame, is that important? She's going to be divorced from him for a long time! :D:hurray:

The only quilt patches I've ever done were applique. Not hard to do, but hard to do neatly. So my patch won't be the best one! (It does come with a story, though, to make up for that.)

Uh, thanks for "volunteering," Mrs Scarlett's Mum :lol:

Rosie

:leaving:

Rosie: very nicely done!:D Love the time frame comment!!!!!! :lol: i want to be on the same working group as you whatever the project!!!!! Seriously!!!!!:) Mariann PS and thanks for the hint -- applique might be a fun thing for me to practice! Have to start someplace.

Um. Why couldn't you crochet a doily and sew it, well couch it, onto a patch of fabric?

I don't know enough about these things to know why it wouldn't work.

Not me! Unless you all want to pay international postage :)

Rosie

That is what I was thinking---Not Rosie! LOL.

And I agree crochet is fine. I am not a seamstress either....on my sister's quilty I fabric painted this: I will hold you in my heart until we meet again.

That is what I was thinking---Not Rosie! LOL.

And I agree crochet is fine. I am not a seamstress either....on my sister's quilty I fabric painted this: I will hold you in my heart until we meet again.

I can crochet a square and stitch it to a square of cotton. It should wash just fine with the rest of the material. I see that Cadam started a new thread about this. I will check in there.