Menu

What to supplement with LOF Fractions?

lisabees

We have been using Math Mammoth with great success, even though it took ds a while to stop resisting the way ps has always taught him. We used Math Mammoth as a refresher for the basics - add/subtract/mult/division. Now, it's time for fractions and percents/decimals.

DS wants to use LOF and I'm not sure if I should use Math Mammoth Fractions etc to supplement or if I should mix things up and use Singapore 6. I can also use MEP, which has been a HUGE hit with my 1st grader.

Would you supplement with more fractions or would you have a spiral-type program alongside of it?

Edited by lisabees

We used LOF Fractions to review after going through another programme's fractions course. Calvin did it after Galore Park SY Maths 2 (he really needed to step back a long way and look at the basics) and Hobbes is doing it after Singapore Maths 4A, but at the same time as Galore Park Junior Maths 3.

Laura

My kids use Singapore and LoF together, and it is a good combo.

But if you want to supplement with Singapore, certainly give him the placement exam. Singapore 6 was really, really hard, IMO.

Thank you. DS actually changed his mind about LOF. :001_huh: He wants to stick with Math Mammoth, so now I'm trying to figure out how to use it before we head into Singapore 6.

Thanks for the heads up!