Menu

Oscillococcinum? I found some at Walgreen's. It says to

TheraFlu or Nyquil tonight? He's ok w/ the fever at 103. I'm pushing the fluids and all he wants to eat is pumpkin pie. So, guess what is in the oven? :-) Pumpkin pie. So far, no signs of the stomach issues or I wouldn't let him eat it.

Molly

Homeopathics are rendered useless by the addition of ordinary OTC meds like nyquil, etc. If it were me, I would not. However, we tend to let fevers ride, almost always. I only gave my dc tylenol-type medicines when they were uncomfortable, ie. achy etc. YMMV, of course. All best to you and sickies. :grouphug:

Is this stuff really safe? I have one down with the flu, but she is an asthmatic.

I am taking her in to the Dr's tomorrow, where they will most likey prescribe prednisone for her cough. She cannot stop coughing and she says it hurts to cough now.

She has not had a fever over 102. She vomited 3X in three days. She is eating and drinking.

I am leary about giving her anything not prescribed because of her asthma. Should I wait and just see the Dr and see what she says first?

I am sorry yours is not feeling well either. I hope he is better soon.

Is this stuff really safe? I have one down with the flu, but she is an asthmatic.

I am taking her in to the Dr's tomorrow, where they will most likey prescribe prednisone for her cough. She cannot stop coughing and she says it hurts to cough now.

She has not had a fever over 102. She vomited 3X in three days. She is eating and drinking.

I am leary about giving her anything not prescribed because of her asthma. Should I wait and just see the Dr and see what she says first?

I am sorry yours is not feeling well either. I hope he is better soon.

Homeopathic medicines are safe for anyone; have no side effects, and at worst do nothing at all. :) Your dd will suffer no ill effects from it. Your ped will probably tell you its nonsense, so take that for what it's worth. Hope she's better soon!

Okay, I just ran out and bought the last three boxes they had left at CVS. (In case my other kid or we come down with it)Even the pharmacist recommended this. The only thing is, they only had "kids" Oscill..whatever that name is. Do they make one for adults to?

Is the kids one just aas effective as the adult one(if there is one). My daughter is 16.

Oh, and she is on day 3 of this flu. I would have bought it sooner, but I didn't know about it until I read this. Will it still help I wonder?

Thanks SO much for mentioning this. :D:D

Okay, I just ran out and bought the last three boxes they had left at CVS. (In case my other kid or we come down with it)Even the pharmacist recommended this. The only thing is, they only had "kids" Oscill..whatever that name is. Do they make one for adults to?

Is the kids one just aas effective as the adult one(if there is one). My daughter is 16.

Oh, and she is on day 3 of this flu. I would have bought it sooner, but I didn't know about it until I read this. Will it still help I wonder?

Thanks SO much for mentioning this. :D:D

You are supposed to take it w/in the first 48 hours of symptoms but it wouldn't hurt to take it anyway now. It just might not work like it would have if she'd taken it on day 1. I don't bother buying the kids version as I give my kids half the vial of the adult and then I get more doses out of each package. It wouldn't hurt a child to take a full vial, I just try to make mine last longer. I had a friend very experienced w/homeopathy tell me to give my kids half. Your 16 yo should take the full vial of an adult dose and I'm not sure what the dose should be w/the kids version as I'm not looking at the packaging. If it were my child and I only had the kid's dosage on hand, I would give her 2 kids doses. Especially since your giving it to her late in the illness.

I usually only administer 2-3 doses of Oscillo then I move on to other homeopathic remedies once symptoms begin to change. I also take high doses of Vitamin C w/Emergen-C and I am usually on the mend after one day when I have the flu. I always keep several boxes of Oscillo on hand at all times. I've been buying it everytime I see it on sale.

It really does shorten the length and severity of the flu. It's also helpful at the beginning of a cold. I've used it for years. As others have said, I don't give any over the counter medicine for fever if the person is able to do w/out.

A previous poster mentioned that taking any other medicines while taking homeopathy would render the homeopathic remedy useless. I don't think that is true as I understand it. Reducing fever can have a negative effect on healing in general as it interfers w/the mechanism that our bodies use to kill the virus or bacteria. However, the problem w/using other allopathic medicines is that it stops the symptoms temporarily making it difficult to see if a particular homeopathic remedy is working or not.

I hope your dd is feeling better soon!

From what I understand, from my naturopath, you shouldn't take any other medication or eat or drink or have any strong smells (like perfume) or even brush you teeth with minty toothpaste for 15 - 30 minutes after taking a homeopathic medicine. So you can do all of those things (including other supplements or medicines) just not right away.