Menu

I've got a 12 yos w/ the flu. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed

on here, but I've not been on much lately. He has 103 fever, aches, sore throat, cough. I've got him quarantined to his room, I'm wearing a mask (I have a cancer/on chemo treatment), gave him Vit D3, Emergen C, Echinacea/Goldenseal. What else?

Have you tried any homeopathic remedies like Oscillococcinum? Is there anything better out there?

Thanks,

Molly

We have good success with Oscillococcinum although I know some people don't. Two doses is usually all it takes for us.

Licorice root is good for throats and cough as well as being an immune support.

For bad coughs we use ClearLung. It has pulled dh out of a deep cough two different years. The key with it is to take it every two hours until the cough starts to go away then continue with less doses as maintenance until the cough is completely gone.

From what I am hearing, D3 is a biggy. Perhaps that is why our family has had minimal effects even though about 20 people from church got sick on the same day.

For bad coughs we use ClearLung. It has pulled dh out of a deep cough two different years. The key with it is to take it every two hours until the cough starts to go away then continue with less doses as maintenance until the cough is completely gone.

:thumbup: for the Clear Lung. We took your advice from an earlier thread, and yahoo - that stuff rocks!

We also used garlic tablets, a higher dosage than recommended as a general antibiotic.

:thumbup: for the Clear Lung. We took your advice from an earlier thread, and yahoo - that stuff rocks!

We also used garlic tablets, a higher dosage than recommended as a general antibiotic.

I am so glad the ClearLung worked for you! I could not believe how well it worked here. Garlic is good too. I tried raw one time but couldn't hack it so we use capsule too.

Ds12 is taking oscillo now. I'm going to the vitamin store to stock up! I also push the vitamin C when we show some signs of starting to get sick. I'm also thinking of getting a homeopathic remedy more geared for the common cold to have around this fall/winter.

Vitamin C every two hours is the first thing we do when we feel something coming on. Many times a day or two of that is all it takes.