Menu

Book a Week in 2009 * week 42 book 43 *

Today is the start of Week 42 in the quest to read 52 books in 52 weeks and starting book # 43. Guess what? The count down begins. We have 10 weeks left.

Today finds me reading Nevada Barr's Blind Descent - a first time author read. Very good so far. When done will be reading Night Watch by Sergie Lukyanenko. What are you all reading this week?

I'm listening to another audio book: The Big Year: A Tale of Man, Nature and Fowl Obsession by Mark Obmascik. It it the story of 4 different hard-core birders as they take part in what is known as a "big year" -- a birder competition to see who can count the largest number of different birds in North America during a calendar year. The record is 720ish when the number of species of North American birds is 674 -- apparently storms and lost birds cause account the extras. It's crazy! I enjoy the birds in my backyard, but these people are truly obsessed and make for an interesting and funny book.

Book # 45--The Film Club by David Gilmour. The author decides to let his ds quit school at the age of 15 under the conditions that he does not do drugs (there are some other conditions but I can't remember what they are right now) and he watches 3 movies a week with his dad. The book is about the films watched and how their relationship evolves. I loves this book.

Next up: Wuthering Heights.