Menu

crock pot breakfast/brunch casserole recipe needed

I'm in need of a crock pot recipe for something that can be served as a breakfast/brunch. We'll be at the theater and it's an hour away from where we live, and the venue has no microwave for us to use....thus the need to use a crock pot. My crock pot has a warm setting so I need something that can be kept warm for a few hours...some will eat when they get there and others not until a few hours later.

And assuming my crock pot can hold a double recipe, do I need to adjust the cooking time?

Thanks! I know you guys have some wonderful recipes!

Not exactly high on the healthy meter, but yummy!

2 lb bag of frozen hashbrowns (use the little diced squares not shredded)

3/4 - 1 pound of cooked ham, cubed

2 cups cheddar cheese, grated

1 onion diced fine

1 red pepper diced fine

1 cup milk

dozen eggs

make layer of hashbrowns/ham/cheese/onion/pepper.....repeat until it's all in there.

Beat the milk and eggs together and dump over the layers.

Cook on low overnight (at least 8 hours, but have done it 10+ without problem).

Denise, I'm going to use the oatmeal idea for the next rehearsal season...the directing team would love to arrive at rehearsals to find that tasty oatmeal!! But this is show week and they'll eat anywhere from 8 am until 11:30 so I think I want something that can be more brunchy.

Connie, that casserole sounds good, and I'm glad you mentioned the cubed hash browns because I would have bought shredded.

Keep the ideas coming...it's going to be a long weekend and my crock pot will get a workout every day.

Can I use a crock pot just to keep something warm? For instance, if I make chicken tenders, can I just keep them warm in the crock pot?

the only breakfast I've ever made in a crockpot was oatmeal. I threw in the oats, milk, butter, and bags of raspberries. I add some raw sliced almonds for protein and sweeten as desired. It's REALLY yummy!

Since it's fall, you could add sliced apples, cinnamon and maple syrup. Mmmmmm.

Omgosh that sounds so good. Which oats do you use? Regular Quaker Oats, Instant oats, steel cut oats...?