Menu

Figuring out shipping

If you had something really heavy that you wanted to sell online, would you box it up and take it to the post office to see what shipping would be? Would the location you were sending it affect the amount? I have something to sell, but I don't want to lose money on the shipping. It will acutally probably have to go in 2 boxes.

Thanks for any advice.

I would look at the flat rate boxes. The large one is only 13.95, up to 70lbs. Of course they only have a few sizes, but it's great for shipping a large amount of books.

Thanks! I didn't really know about those. It's not books, but a lot of bulky items. I'll have to go in and look at them.

I'd check out the flat rate boxes too. You can also check shipping charges on line with UPS and Fed Ex, the PO may also have on-line info. The sites are easy too; just type in the size of the box, weight and it calculates the cost for you.

Our PO has an automatic shipping machine in the lobby 24 hours. It's easy to use and you could get an exact cost.