Menu

Date night w/ dh, where to go in Houston....

For such a long time all dh and I have done for dates is go have a nice dinner and then make a trip to B&N.

Lately we've been talking about trying to find something new to do. I'm thinking a comedy club would be fun...but also, I'd love to go to a place where we can sit and listen to live music.

We are NOT into the nightclub/dancing/meat market scene. We'd just like a place to go and talk and listen to good music, maybe have some appitizers and hang with some friends. A place that is suited to people in their 40s, not just filled with kids.

We are in Houston. Are there places like that around? What are these places called...not Nightclubs, right?

Also, any other ideas? What do you do with your dh when you want to get out and do something a little special?

Thanks,

RhondaM.

Every Friday in the Ft. Worth paper is a section called 'Go' which lists movie reviews and such. In that section are also listings of who playing at what community and small theaters and also who is playing local venues. With a little asking around you could find out if a venue is more suited to your age and tastes.

We like theater. We also enjoy art galleries and museums as an afternoon outing.

Comedy clubs sound fun. I wonder how the language would be? I'll have to do some checking.

ETA...when we are in Houston, we always make time to visit Goode seafood. Mmmmmmmm....

There's a place called Sambuca a couple of blocks from the Alley Theatre that has live music. It's also a very good restaurant (the sea scallops are to die for) and the patrons tend to 30+ couples. Not exactly a nightclub, although it does have a bar, definitely not a meat market or dance club.

We're planning to go there tonight after Gruesome Playground Incidents at the Alley.