Menu

Can we talk about bras?

I am not modest at all when it comes to other women or doctors seeing me (they have seen it all before after all) and when I went to Lane Bryant I had to ask her to come in there and check it out. :D

Ideally yes....but think of it this way: they're dealing with breasts and bras all day. It's not different than going to the doctor or getting help from a lactation consultant.

Ladies, I realize they 'see 'em all the time', just like doctors. But they don't see MINE all the time, iykwim. :D

It's just that I don't ever voluntarily 'expose myself' to anyone at all. I mean, I would/do if it is absolutely necessary; but even then, I'm very modest, and would only choose to do so with a woman, save for some sort of emergency where I really didn't have a choice.

I found a good guide on-line. Now I think I just need to get an hour or two, kid-free, to go try on a bunch of different sizes.

I know Wacoal is expensive, but their support is so superior to anything else. If you are careful about handwashing with recommended soap and laying flat to dry they will last a LOOOOOONG time; I am very close to your Dewey Decimal number :) or at least on the same BooKshelf :lol: and Wacoal is the only one that has worked for me post kiddoes. If you can hold out for a sale, Nordstrom always has the basic Wacoal at a very good discounted price at sale time...I recently got two "Awareness" bras (that's the style name) for almost 50% off at the Anniversary sale (July). I believe the Half-Yearly is coming up soon...check and see if any Wacoal will be on sale. The sales clerks will usually tell you if they are.

My dd wears Wacoal. It has been the only bra we've found to fit her right and give support. She's a 34DD. I would love to find a cheaper version!:001_smile:

The Bare Necessities guidelines put me in a 36D. I actually wear 36F. At the specialty bra shop, they told me that I should be wearing 34G, but could wear 36F (since Fs are a lot easier to find than Gs).

I have Goddess 36F (okay, but I'm pretty smashed), Freya 34G (actually leaves me with bruises), Wacoal 36F (best of all). I have only one each of the Goddess and Freya bras (they're my emergency backup bras). I was making do with just 2 Wacoals, but I went back to Dillards a few months ago and ordered 3 more. They're expensive, but the two I already had had lasted me several years and were still going strong. I wanted to be comfortable all the time.