Menu

Trusted friend wants to sell me a camera - do it?

It's a Rebel XTI - 2 gig compact flash card, battery, Tamron XRDiII lens (200x), case, strap, cords, manual, battery charger.

Do I want to buy something so expensive used? I'm worried I'll break it in two weeks :)

btw - it's a great deal

It depends on the deal. Can you use it for a while to make sure you really like it? I'm extremely picky about my cameras and how they feel in my hand. I like to try them out first, unless it's a model I already own.

If it's a camera you really want and the deal is good enough, with comparison checking, then yes, I'd consider it. If you're planning to break it in two weeks, then you'd be better off paying used prices than new, right? ;) If you're genuinely concerned about breaking the camera, buy new and get an insurance policy for it. Have fun if you get it!!

Are you going to be upset if the camera breaks in two weeks, and feel like your friend cheated you if she doesn't give you all your money back?

I guess I would only do it if I were willing to chance it not working out, the same way I do when I buy something used from a stranger.