Menu

Why can't Kathleen Sebelius ...

... push sneezing into one's sleeve (vs. hand) as hard as all these vaxes?

Really. She did it once. If there's going to be a nanny state, can't it be a sensible one -- with initiatives that your great grandmother would've recognized as common sense?

http://news.aol.com/article/kathleen-sebelius-chuck-todd-sneeze/676162

This could prevent a lot of airborne spread of any virus. I am personally grossed out when I see someone sneeze into their hand, or moreso, someone who just whips their neck & torso around to sneeze on whatever /whomever is standing behind them. People sneeze into their hands all the time. Then then hand you the phone, a pen, a Coke.

But they have been pushing sneeze hygiene for months. In fact in Canada, sneeze hygiene has been making its way into the forefront of flu prevention for a couple years already. Now it's just ramped up.

Anyway, in the US you now even have Elmo teaching everyone how to sneeze.

http://www.flu.gov/psa/index.html

There's only one thing missing in the messages IMO - if you're sneezing and coughing lots, you should be AT HOME.

And don't just cover up with symptoms with meds & pretend you're well either. I'm so tired of people taking anti histamines, cough suppressants & a whopping dose of tylenol & getting out there as if nothing is the matter. They're still shedding viruses and bacteria wherever they go. Grrr.

Ok rant over. :)