Menu

Gluten free freezer meals?

My sil is having surgery on Friday and I would like to prepare a couple of freezer meals for them but all the freezer meals I usually make have gluten. She is very allergic to gluten so we have to be really careful. They don't need to be as kid friendly as I will have her kids.:001_smile:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Chili (I would make vegetarian chili, but meaty would be fine) with corn bread topping (you'll need to make the cornbread from scratch most likely, since any of the mainstream mixes have wheat flour as well).

Chicken and rice dishes.

Shepherd's pie (meat and veggies with a mashed potato topping).

Salsa Chicken

1# chicken breast (can be frozen when you put it in the crockpot)

1 can black beans

3/4 bag of frozen corn

3/4 tall jar of salsa

Cook in crockpot on Low for 8ish hours until meat falls apart.

Add 1/2 block of cream cheese

and let it melt (20 min). Shred chicken in the crockpot and mix all together. Ready to serve or to be frozen. Just thaw and reheat. Can be served with corn chips to scoop. Or in a tortilla (corn or wheat, but, of course, the wheat isn't gluten free). Or just straight! Sometimes I'll even add shredded cheese to the top.

This literally only takes 5 min. to throw together and it is a great meal! And can be double/tripled easily.