Menu

Is it possibly HINI if no fever????

DS has had a major head cold BUT with body aches for three days - some mild nausea, too - neither body aches or nausea usually go with a headcold here...but no fever. Can't be a flu w/o fever, right???

I told him to check for a curly piggie tail next time he goes to the bathroom. Got an eyeroll for that one (ds is 18 now)

Can't be a flu w/o fever, right???

Can be.

CDC

What are the signs and symptoms of this virus in people?

The symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu virus in people include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, including 2009 H1N1 and have respiratory symptoms without a fever.

Interesting, my son has been sick as well with no fever (or body aches). I'm sure it's just a cold, but now you have me wondering. :confused: My systoms are even milder then his, but I'm fairly certain I was given the vax in the 70's. The school lined us all up and gave us a shot and I remember my parents being upset that they weren't asked for consent. Can you imagine that happening today!? There would be riots in the street! I wonder who paid for that? Maybe that's why my folks were upset, they got a bill in the mail! :lol:

Interesting, my son has been sick as well with no fever (or body aches). I'm sure it's just a cold, but now you have me wondering. :confused: My systoms are even milder then his, but I'm fairly certain I was given the vax in the 70's. The school lined us all up and gave us a shot and I remember my parents being upset that they weren't asked for consent. Can you imagine that happening today!? There would be riots in the street! I wonder who paid for that? Maybe that's why my folks were upset, they got a bill in the mail! :lol:

Ours had body aches and AWFUL exhaustion (think, can't keep your eyes open!). We also had chills and sweats as if we had a fever.