Menu

LCC question

Guest RecumbentHeart

Guest RecumbentHeart

Wasn't sure where to ask this or if I'm even permitted to since it refers to another site but .. can anyone tell me what the deal with latincentered.com is? I've been getting a fatal error every time I've tried to go there since first learning about LCC.

Drew posted this to the yahoo group a couple of weeks ago:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have had to shut down the message

boards at the latincentered.com site due to aggressive spammers. Traffic there

was very low anyway, but since this list is active, I'm not worried about people

finding the support they need.

There is a note about this on the front page of the site, but I haven't been

able to figure out how to delete the forums link from the navigation, so if you

encounter someone looking for the forums, please direct them here.

Thank you!

Drew

That doesn't explain the whole site being down, but maybe the two are related. Here is the link to the yahoo group if you are interested:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LatinClassicalEd/

Drew posted this to the yahoo group a couple of weeks ago:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have had to shut down the message

boards at the latincentered.com site due to aggressive spammers. Traffic there

was very low anyway, but since this list is active, I'm not worried about people

finding the support they need.

There is a note about this on the front page of the site, but I haven't been

able to figure out how to delete the forums link from the navigation, so if you

encounter someone looking for the forums, please direct them here.

Thank you!

Drew

That doesn't explain the whole site being down, but maybe the two are related. Here is the link to the yahoo group if you are interested:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LatinClassicalEd/

Yahoo group: Everything is delivered to my email account - if something is of interest to me, I read it - if not, I file it. There is excellent information -- from the incredibly simple to the quite complex. The latincentered site went down in the beginning of September. Drew's book, The Latin-Centered Curriculum, answered every single question that I had. I cannot recommend it enough! We are two weeks into our switch to LCC and my kids could be an advertisement for it --as could I -- we are all loving it!

In the initial stages of my research, I searched the old forums here and found just about everything I was looking for as the LC site was already down. HTH:001_smile:

Guest RecumbentHeart
Yahoo group: Everything is delivered to my email account - if something is of interest to me, I read it - if not, I file it. There is excellent information -- from the incredibly simple to the quite complex. The latincentered site went down in the beginning of September. Drew's book, The Latin-Centered Curriculum, answered every single question that I had. I cannot recommend it enough! We are two weeks into our switch to LCC and my kids could be an advertisement for it --as could I -- we are all loving it!

In the initial stages of my research, I searched the old forums here and found just about everything I was looking for as the LC site was already down. HTH:001_smile:

Yes. I guess what I was really hoping to find is a community of LCCers. Not that I don't appreciate this place ... I totally do but occasionally it would be neat to hang out with others who are more specifically like minded. Not necessarily every day .. just, you know, now and then :lol:

Yes. I guess what I was really hoping to find is a community of LCCers. Not that I don't appreciate this place ... I totally do but occasionally it would be neat to hang out with others who are more specifically like minded. Not necessarily every day .. just, you know, now and then :lol:

The yahoo group is not a 'hanging out' kind of place, as I am sure you know that Yahoo groups are not.:001_huh:

The wonderful people here on the WTM BB who do LCC are quite front and center and they have been helpful beyond description to me -- both hand-holding wise and information-wise. :)

I was disappointed that I missed Drew's website as it had already been closed down, but so far, it's all working out.

Guest RecumbentHeart
The yahoo group is not a 'hanging out' kind of place, as I am sure you know that Yahoo groups are not.:001_huh:

The wonderful people here on the WTM BB who do LCC are quite front and center and they have been helpful beyond description to me -- both hand-holding wise and information-wise. :)

I was disappointed that I missed Drew's website as it had already been closed down, but so far, it's all working out.

Yes, not a hang-out kind of place, I know. I guess I just need to familiarize myself with the LCCers around here and not be shy :D

I just barely missed the website as well. It may have gone down the very night I first learned of LCC. lol

According to Drew he is supposed to have the Latin Centered site back up, but is removing the message board function. I've had a few moments of panic with the site down, there are some great articles and references there.

I also recommend the yahoo group, it's a wealth of information.