Menu

So, if I want to put a P.E grade on the transcript...

and he is doing really well in cycling, can I factor a 100 into the GPA? And a question about the pass/fail- can I give a unit of credit so that he can graduate with a certain number of credits but still just put "pass" on the transcript. Is this making sense? If I'd like him to have a full P.E. credit so can I give it to him on the transcript, do I put the credit on the transcript and say something like "P.E. - pass" instead of assigning a grade? Is that okay with most colleges?

and he is doing really well in cycling, can I factor a 100 into the GPA? And a question about the pass/fail- can I give a unit of credit so that he can graduate with a certain number of credits but still just put "pass" on the transcript. Is this making sense? If I'd like him to have a full P.E. credit so can I give it to him on the transcript, do I put the credit on the transcript and say something like "P.E. - pass" instead of assigning a grade? Is that okay with most colleges?

Doing PE pass/fail with a full credit has worked ok for the colleges my oldest has applied to. Honestly, unless a student is majoring in it, I don't think most colleges care about PE - other than to see it there maybe.

The way I did dd#1's transcript, I needed a grade (% or A,B etc.) to figure the GPA. If you count it as a class, but don't have a grade it will mess up your average by being a zero grade.

It doesn't mess up the average if you divide by one less credit (or however many are pass/fail). We have ours on a spreadsheet and it works fine.

Both of my kids that have done high school got grades in PE. Why not? COlleges recalculate or don't according to their own preferences. Some may count it, many won't. But what else you don't know is that they may not count everything you thought should be counted either. I make my transcripts in a regular, common sense fashion and they can manipulate GPAs as they please.